As men, we face a different challenge in the world and it's nice to be able to get together and talk about different victories, concerns, and difficulties. As we continue to see God do wonderful things in the church, we are also excited about the great things He is doing in our lives as men. If you haven't been to a men's function yet, we encourage you to attend.
Some of our events include:
Men's Bible Study twice a month at Escalon Youth Center
(1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month)
Day Trips and Men's Seminars
Annual Retreat (as possible)
Escalon Park Fete Fundraiser (July)
OUR CURRENT MEN'S BIBLE STUDY
~ THE APOSTLES' CREED ~
by matt chandler
The Apostles’ Creed was born from the apostles’ teachings. It contains essential doctrines and beliefs that summarize the gospel and the foundation of our faith. The scriptural truths contained in the creed enable us to build our Christian lives on good theology, with the knowledge that our faith is rooted in truth and a rich history.
The lines of the creed aren’t mere words. They are the essence of what we confess and believe. Repeating the creed doesn’t make disciples. Incantations don’t transform us into better, more effective Christians. Creeds don’t hold any authority apart from Scripture, but they do point outside themselves to the authoritative Word of God.
The Apostles’ Creed was traditionally used as a public confession before baptism. This confession of faith, given as a recitation of the creed, was understood as an act of turning away from previous pagan beliefs and fully accepting apostolic teaching. This profession identified new believers with the community of Christians.
This group study from Matt Chandler and The Village Church leads to greater clarity of our religion, greater symmetry and balance as a disciple, and a more profound sense of belonging in the kingdom of God.
1. I Believe In
2. God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
3. And in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord
4. Who Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary
5. Suffered Under Pontius Pilate; Was Crucified, Dead, and Buried
6. He Descended to Hell, the Third Day He Rose Again from the Dead
7. He Ascended into Heaven and Sits on the Right Hand of the Father Almighty
8. From Whence He Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
9. I Believe in the Holy Spirit
10. The Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
11. The Forgiveness of Sins
12. The Resurrection of the Body and the Life Everlasting. Amen
• Help believers better understand the foundations of the Christian faith.
• Improve evangelistic efforts by learning the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
• Gain a succinct understanding of Christianity, its origins, and its basic theology.
• Understand the significance of understanding and clearly professing what you believe.